Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Catholic Prelate In Property Scandal With Local Gangsters - 2

Hello

I am the subject of a CW Investigates story: Catholic Prelate Property Scandal.

I regret that this unverified story has appeared on your blog.

Needless to say the substance of the allegations are untrue and I am presently receiving legal advice to protect my reputation.

Facts: Over the past three years my bishop, Bishop Kieran Conry (Arundel & Brighton) and other diocesan officials have received complaints about me from a Mr Simon Duffin.

As a director of Helena Court Resident's Association (non commercial) my fellow directors and I am are duty bound to ensure that the 15 leaseholders pay their maintenance and other service charges. Mr Duffin declined citing dispute with the Managing Agent.

The Board of Management took him to a Lease Valuation Tribunal (LVT) and won with costs.

Prior to the LVT hearing and afterwards Mr Duffin has brought pressure on me by writing letters of complaint to my bishop, Cardinal Cormac O'Connor, the Apostolic Nuncio and more recently to the Congregation of Clergy in Rome.

Now he is going to the Internet.

The directors mentioned and others are also seeking legal advice to stop this irrational harassment.

In good faith may I ask you to please remove the story from your website.

Mgr Richard Madders

SV-ED: Msgr Madders, we print both sides to all contributions and await response from those whom you have mentioned in the contribution above.

We thank you for taking the time to contribute in realtion to your side of the matter.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to us or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that we agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Source (PVT)

SV (ED)