I warmly congratulate Bishop Ger Nash on his appointment as Bishop of Ossory.
A fellow Clareman, I have known Bishop Ger since the late 1990s, when I was chaplain at what was then the Limerick Regional Hospital.
During that time, Fr Ger was a regular visitor to the hospital, faithfully attending to his parishioners with deep pastoral care, compassion and generosity.
I congratulate him on his generous and selfless acceptance of this new appointment to the Diocese of Ossory, our nearest neighbouring diocese here in Waterford and Lismore, which also includes part of Waterford City.
I look forward to working closely with him in the years ahead for the good of the Church and the people we serve.
I assure Bishop Ger of my prayers and support as he undertakes the oversight of both the Diocese of Ferns and the Diocese of Ossory.
I appreciate the additional responsibilities this will entail, and I pray that the Lord will grant him every grace, strength and blessing in this important ministry.
+ Alphonsus Cullinan
Bishop of Waterford and Lismore
.jpg)