Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lent calendar prayer and reflection for 28 March

We shall not fear though the earth should rock, though the mountains fall into the depths of the sea.  

Psalm 45: 2-3, 5-6, 8-9. R. v.8
The rain streams down the glass window pane, deterring me from walking the dog yet at the same time watering the earth and bringing forth new life.  

The Lord irrigates my soul, washing out doubt and disbelief, planting faith and hope. 

When I feel sick with the news of God’s world being desecrated by war and creation being ripped apart, I pray I may feel the water of life flowing through me. 

When it feels like the mountains are falling, may I remember that the Lord will be my refuge and my strength. 

Pray

Eternal God, I know that if I open my eyes to the beauty around me, I feel more encouraged to play my part in protecting and nourishing your earth. 

I give thanks for those who work on the land, dependent on your rainfall, appreciating the beauty of your world. 

I pray for those who desecrate the earth, that they might come to realise the dreadful destruction they are causing. 

Amen.