We recently posted the article Bishop McGuckian urges Belfast City hall to reconsider illumination in support of abortion, and we received some responses, and the following is one we feel deserves to be published publicly.....
Dear Alan,
I considered the view you expressed in this letter to the Council with perplexity published.
While I do not personally agree with abortion, I firmly believe that it is every woman’s right to make that choice for herself, and it is not my place to judge others. Albeit I personally would assist any women to continue their pregnancy and protect life at all costs.
Giving this stance, it is to be regretted that you have not been as active in protecting the thousands of babies buried in the Mass Graves at the bottom of Milltown Cemetery. Or may I say protect the infants who died in the care of clergy from Starvation and its related illness's. What position do you take on that issue?
In fact, since you have taken office, there has not been one word to all those families including mine fighting to protect these graves. While the Diocese you are head of rake in the money selling mass graves that include hundreds of infants to innocent RC families.
Our church has shown us in the past and the present, that they cannot be trusted to protect our dead or dying.
While I do not personally agree with abortion, I firmly believe that it is every woman’s right to make that choice for herself, and it is not my place to judge others. Albeit I personally would assist any women to continue their pregnancy and protect life at all costs.
Giving this stance, it is to be regretted that you have not been as active in protecting the thousands of babies buried in the Mass Graves at the bottom of Milltown Cemetery. Or may I say protect the infants who died in the care of clergy from Starvation and its related illness's. What position do you take on that issue?
In fact, since you have taken office, there has not been one word to all those families including mine fighting to protect these graves. While the Diocese you are head of rake in the money selling mass graves that include hundreds of infants to innocent RC families.
Our church has shown us in the past and the present, that they cannot be trusted to protect our dead or dying.
Siubhainin Ni Chutnneagam & Families
CW : Well now Bishop McGuckian, would you care to respond??
-1.jpg)