Fr. Mbaka also says in his Facebook post that he sees his journey to the monastery “as something that God is going to use as an instrument for more miracles, an instrument for soul saving, instruments for the glory of God.”

The Nigerian Priest appeals for prayers, saying, “This is a time we shall know real adorers. Please back me with your prayers so that I will go and embark on deeper reflection, sober contemplations and interior waiting on the Lord.”

“I want to assure you that God has plans for us for a future and hope and not of disaster. Use this opportunity to call on God for integral wellness and wellbeing of the adoration ministry that is the apple of God’s eyes.,” he says in his October 5 Facebook post. 

“I wish to inform you fellow adorers that this is not a time to be cantankerous, sorrowful, and angry unnecessarily,” Fr. Mbaka goes on to say, adding, “Stand up in faith and I plead; do not give the devil any opportunity.”

On October 3, various media outlets in Nigeria reported that Fr. Mbaka had been “removed” from the Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria and sent to a monastery. The reports further indicated that Bishop Onaga of Enugu Diocese had appointed Fr. Anthony Amadi to succeed Fr. Mbaka at the spiritual centre.

In an October 4 interview with ACI Africa, the Communications Director of the Diocese of Enugu, Fr. Benjamin Achi, faulted the media reports, saying that Fr. Mbaka had not been transferred, and that Fr. Anthony Amadi’s leadership at the Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria would be “in the interim”.

In his October 5 Facebook post, Fr. Mbaka seeks to clarify his status. He says, “I was not transferred. I'm going to the monastery to pray and I will come back. It will not take so long. I will join you. Just pray for me.”

“The ministry is not closed. Adoration ministry is a gift from God. It is a baby of the Holy Spirit. It's the apple of God's eyes,” he further says, and urges members of Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria to collaborate with Fr. Amadi whom he describes as a “good man”.

Fr. Mbaka also says, “I have handed over to Father Antony Amadi under the instruction of my Lord Bishop, whom I helped to select.”

“Father Amadi is a very good man. Please work with him, pray with him, love him,” Fr. Mbaka says, and adds, “Please, in my absence, don't do anything that is awful or anything that will in any way, shape or form give the devil any iota of opportunity or glory. Let us not fall into any trap.”