Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Lent calendar prayer and reflection for 12 April

I will praise God’s name with a song; I will glorify him with thanksgiving. 

Psalm 68:8-10,21-22,31,33-34. R. v. 14
Today I am reminded that Holy Week isn’t all doom and gloom. We are called to be a people of hope and to give thanks for God’s goodness.

God our loving creator is ever with us. 

In Laudato Si’, Pope Francis contemplates how giving thanks and praise to God has brought renewed strength to people in the face of trial throughout the ages. 

“The God who created the universe out of nothing can also intervene in this world and overcome every evil. Injustice is not invincible” (#74).

All of creation is brought into fullness through Christ. The Cross is not the end: God overcomes this out of love for us and the smallest of his creatures. We are called to give thanks and praise for God’s everlasting mercy.

Let us not forget to give thanks and praise to God for all that he gives us, and this way to proclaim our faith in newness of life. 

Pray

God, you are my strength and my hope. With all my heart, I thank you for your all-powerful, ever-lasting love. Amen.