Monday, August 04, 2008

Sotto Voce...Ar Sos Beag

My dear brothers and sisters, I write at this time to advise that I am taking a break for some time to come.

It is apt that I begin such a retreat on this the feast day of St John Vianney, patron saint of priests. I pray that he guide me at this time.

A colleague of mine shall now tend to this site whilst I am away, and I am sure he will continue the tradition of solid reporting that CW has become renowned for over the last 18 months.

He shall be in charge until such time as I return, and where the collar used be situated, there shall remain the biretta until I come back.

There are a few small matters which I would now like to bring to your attention before I go away, and have them clarified;

1. In compiling the postings hereupon this site, I tend to trawl through many different sites so as to get as many reference points for a particular posting. Due to the inordinate amount of research this involves, it would be unfair to accredit the story to any particular source to the detriment of another hence no accredation is therefore afforded.

2. This site does not have any particular agenda - labelled as either conservative, liberal, inciteful or otherwise - and shall remain as impartial as is possible whilst attempting to present all sides to a particular issue.

3. All persons are more than welcome to submit their own views and comments on a particular issue(s) and automatic right to print is advised unless stated when submitting such communications to CW.

4. The Disclaimer exists for a very good reason, and despite the comments of a few in relation to its existence, reflection on it may actually indicate the reason for it being there.

5. A sincere thanks to each and every one of you who have visited this site (now at 400,000+) which in fact is the actual number of NEW hits to the site as opposed to continuous visits from you all. After careful consideration, we have decided for the moment NOT to place the actual amount of hits of CW (which is currently running at a multiple of the current number and close to a multiple of 3 digits!!) on the counter.

Also, there was a technical glitch on CW which was a 3rd party glitch which caused many hits not being counted which have now been added to the tally before system encountered the glitch. We sincerely apologise.

6. We are close to the 9,000 postings mark which now means that since December 2006, we have on average posted 500 postings a month which is quiet some feat, and again, we welcome all contributions, comments, queries and otherwise to CW.

I now bid you all adieu for a while and ask God's blessing upon you all as I go on retreat for some time to come.

Every blessing upon you all,

Sotto Voce