Monday, February 12, 2024

Father James Martin performs another blessing for two ‘married’ men

 Image

The notorious pro-LGBT Fr. James Martin has posted about his performing of another allegedly spontaneous “blessing” of a homosexual couple. 

In a thread posted on X, formerly Twitter, Martin described how he recently blessed a friend and his “husband” as a couple following the instructions given in the controversial Vatican declaration Fiducia Supplicans. 

“The two have been together for 20 years and live nearby,” Martin wrote. “We met at a Shake Shack, sat outdoors and had fun reminiscing, catching up, and talking about the church, since all four of us are Catholic. At one point, Eugene said, ‘Why not give Gus and James a blessing?’” 

“It was exactly the kind of situation envisioned by the Vatican’s new document, ‘Fiducia Supplicans,’ on blessing same-sex couples,” he stated. 

“It would be spontaneous (I hadn’t even known Gus was bringing his husband), brief (I didn’t have time to prepare anyway) and in no way like a wedding (we were sitting outside at a Shake Shack, after all).” 

“So I prayed the Prayer of Aaron, from the Book of Numbers, which I’ve always liked: ‘May the Lord bless you and keep you…’ as I grasped both their hands across the table.”  

“Unbeknownst to me, Eugene took a quick photo on his phone, which you see here. I found it very moving. Afterwards, I said to Gus: ‘Can you imagine us imagining this in junior high school?’” 

Martin said that Fiducia Supplicans enabled same-sex “blessings” of homosexual couples who “love one another.”