Friday, August 03, 2007

Volunteers Required...Spiritual Support Group For Irish Gay Community

I have been asked to bring the following to your attention and I feel that it is something which merits not only your attention but also your support...

A clerical colleague is considering setting up a branch of Dignity here in Ireland as an offshoot of the American group of the same name and their site can be visited here so as to give an idea of what is being considered here:


I personally will give my support to this initiative as I feel that all too often we hear the negative side of the Church in relation to the gay community so something as positive as this is indeed most welcome.

If any of you wish to support this in some way or other, please do get in touch with me and I will pass on details to the necessary person(s) who will then get in touch.

Perhaps we all have something to learn from such an undertaking and offer a truly Christian hand to those who have been for far too long been badly treated by those in that museum and art gallery known as the Vatican.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce