Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sotto Voce...

My dear friends, I hope you are all well and enjoying the good weather that we have been blessed with (here in Ireland anyway) and long may it last.

In my previous posting to you all, I did advise that changes would take place with this site and you may have already noticed this slowly and discreetly happening.

* Links To Some Other Sites Have Been Removed

* Newsreels Have Been Removed

Both have been removed as a result of your comments who felt that they were not necessary and delayed the uploading of the site for many bloggies (my term for blog readers and it is not a copyrighted term) so I have removed them.

Henceforth, the only links that will go up here will be those as submitted by you the bloggies of this site and as deemed to be of some assistance to you.

However, I will be putting together a Social Support Links list for Ireland and those organisations which wish to be placed here can email me with a request to be placed on that list.

I feel that I need to clarify a further issue which has been brought to my attention and is as follows;

This site is not a personal gripe site towards anyone or any particular organisation but rather is a site which has articles displayed which are considered to be of interest to those who are regular bloggies of this site.

All postings are not an expression of an opinion of either myself or those others associated with putting the postings up here. Indeed, there may well be postings we may not agree with but in the spirit of democracy up they go.

This site is a site for all and is not a political springboard for anyone or organisation.

Criticism, debate and freedom of expression are essential to this site and are always uppermost in our minds when we decide upon the postings before placing them on this blogspot.

With that in mind, we have chosen 3 words which we feel truly echo our site and the guiding principles for its operating since last December and shall continue to be so as long as this blogspot operates.

FIDES (Loyalty)

LIBERTAS (Freedom)

VERITAS (Truth)

I hope to continue hearing from you all and welcome all submissions to this site or to me personally.

Sotto Voce