Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lent 2009

Daily Lent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

March 19: Solemnity of Saint Joseph, Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Opening Prayer

Father,
help us to be ready to celebrate the great paschal mystery.
Make our love grow each day
as we approach the feast of our salvation.

We ask this through our Lord, Jesus Christ, Your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation

We are at the half-way point in our Lenten journey today.
There is so much yet to learn, to examine, to heal, to renew.
We have a sense of the patterns we are naming and a sense of the graces we are asking for,
as well as the ways God is working in us.

We want to be ready and our Lord wants us to be confident.
So we keep asking and we keep giving thanks, throughout our day.

I am the Savior of all people, says the Lord.
Whatever their troubles,
I will answer their cry,
and I will always be their Lord.
The Entrance Antiphon

Intercessions


Christ our Lord came among us as the light of the world, that we might walk in his light,and not in the darkness of death.

Let us praise him and cry out to him:
Let your word be a lamp to guide us.

God of mercy, help us today to grow in your likeness,
- that we who sinned in Adam may rise again in Christ.


Let your word be a lamp to guide us,
- that we may live the truth and grow always in your love.


Teach us to be faithful in seeking the common good for your sake,
- that your light may shine on the whole human family by means of your Church.


Touch our hearts to seek your friendship more and more,
- and to make amends for our sins against your wisdom and goodness.

Closing Prayer

Loving God,
I hear your invitation, "Come back to me"
and I am filled with such a longing to return to you.


Show me the way to return.


Lead me this day in good works I do in your name
and send your Spirit to guide me and strengthen my faith.


I ask only to feel your love in my life today.

Amen