Monday, October 06, 2008

Sorrowful Mysteries - 1st - The Agony of Jesus in the Garden

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.

Then saith he unto them: "My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me". And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying: "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt". (Mat 26,36-39).

And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. (Luk 22,44)

In the forsaking prayer to the Father, Jesus found strength, trust, and an angel was sent to comfort Him. So Jesus will be our comforting angel. It's as He said to us: " Why do you worry in your difficulties? Be strong in me; look to your God in your most troubled hour, and you will be triumphant." Let us ask to forsake ourselves to God, to always do His will.