Sunday, October 12, 2008

SA priest's evidence vital to MacKillop canonisation

A decision on the canonisation of Mary MacKillop will rest on evidence delivered to the Vatican by south-east South Australia's Father Paul Gardiner.

Father Gardiner has recently returned from the Vatican, where he presented information detailing the second miracle of Mary MacKillop.

The miracle involves the healing of a woman who had what was thought to be terminal brain and lung cancer.

The decision is now up to the Congregation for Causes of Saints to approve the second miracle if she is to become a saint.

Father Gardiner says he is hopeful of a positive outcome in the coming months.

"I'm personally confident, but I'm not the one that makes the decision," he said.

"On the other hand I've followed fairly carefully their insistence on all the details to the procedure on my recent visit to Rome and other stages and I think they're fairly satisfied with the procedure."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce

(Source: ABC)