Tuesday, December 03, 2013

An Advent Journey - Tuesday (Week 1)

“Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.”

Collect:
 
Look with favor, Lord God, on our petitions
and in our trials grant us your compassionate help,
that, consoled by the presenceof your Son, whose coming we now await,
we may be tainted no longer by the corruption of former ways.
Throughour Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever.

Closing Prayer:
 
God of forgiveness,
I turn to you in my great weakness
and beg for your help.
Let me feel the joy growing in my heart
as I anticipate your coming.
I hear the message of the prophets of old
and know that the Messiah will bring
new life and new ways of living.
From the humbleness of my life,
help me to grow and bloom
and hear the words
that will change the world.