Thursday, December 05, 2013

An Advent Journey - Thursday (Week 1)

“Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.” 
 
Collect:

Stir up your power, O Lord,
and come to our help with mighty strength,
that what our sins impede
the grace of your mercy may hasten.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
 

Closing Prayer:
 
God of strength and protection,
I turn to you because I need help.
I long to be free enough
to trust that I can lean on you.
But I become afraid.
Help me to trust in you, Lord.
Your strength and power
are a gentle place of protection.
Be a safe refuge when I am being trampled.
I long for your help, your protecting care.
Help to deliver me from the cold
loneliness of these dark nights.