Monday, December 02, 2013

An Advent Journey - Monday (Week 1)

“Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.”   
Collect:
 
Grant your faithful, we pray, almighty God,
the resolve to run forth to meet your Christ
with righteous deeds at his coming, so that, gathered at his right hand,
they may be worthy to possess the heavenly kingdom.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever .

Closing Prayer:
 
Lord God,
only you can see into my heart and know
that under all the busy-ness of my life,
there is a deep longing
to make this Advent one that welcomes you
more deeply into my own life.
My heart desires the warmth of your love
and my minds searches for your Light
in the midst of the darkness
Help me to be a peacemaker this Advent
and to give special love to those
who disagree with me.
give me the strength and courage
to forgive those who have hurt me.
Help me to free my heart
from the prison of my anger and hurt.