Friday, December 06, 2013

An Advent Journey - Friday (Week 1)

“Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise.”

Collect:
 
S
tir up your power, we pray, O Lord, and come,
that with you to protect us
we may find rescue
from the pressing dangers of our sins,
and with you to set us free,
we may be found worthy of salvation.
Who live and reign with God the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Closing Prayer:
 
Jesus, protector,
I long for your coming.
The promise of new light is there
if only I can believe.
Protect me from dangers
and lead me through the gloom and darkness
to the joy I so long to find in you.
Lift me from my lowly sins
and give me the promise of salvation
with no more shame,
only the light and saving grace of your love.
Let the ancient dream be fulfilled in you
and peace come to this life and world.