Sunday, November 17, 2013

Daniel Diaz, Youth Pastor, Shot Dead Hours After Prayer Rally Against Gun Violence In Pomona, Calif.

http://www.opposingviews.com/sites/opposingviews.com/files/imagecache/300x250/featured_image/danieldiaz.jpgYouth pastor Daniel Diaz, 33, was driving home from a church party with friends when he was shot and killed by an unidentified assailant in Pomona, Calif.

The shooting occurred just hours after a peace and prayer rally was held by community leaders against gun violence. 

Diaz, a youth minister at New Beginning Community Ministries Church in Baldwin Park, was much beloved in his community, who gathered on Tuesday night at a memorial vigil for him.

His mother tearfully said, "To the person who did this, if I could see you face to face, I would tell you that God loves you. And if you knew my son, my son would have loved you."

His girlfriend, Denise Lugo, said, "Daniel was wonderful. I loved him very much. I’m just brokenhearted, right now. I hurt so bad.”

A motive has not yet been released, and CBS Los Angeles reported that the police have no suspects.