Friday, January 11, 2013

Bishop Trevor Welcomes the appointment of the new Bishop of Limerick

Bishop Trevor has issued a statement welcoming the appointment of the Rev'd Prof. Brendan Leahy as the new Bishop of Limerick. Bishop Trevor writes:

"I would like to congratulate the Rev'd Prof Brendan Leahy on his appointment as Bishop of Limerick. I am personally delighted as I have known Fr Leahy over many years and have valued his considerable gifts and the contribution he has made as a Christian leader. My time in Limerick has been enriched by the friendship of Bishop Donal Murray, Fr Tony Mullins (Diocesan Administrator), and many of the Priests in the Diocese. The relationship between our churches is already close and I warmly welcome Fr Leahy to Limerick and look forward to working with him."