Friday, May 18, 2012

Park manager claims to see Jesus in rock face

A bizarre rock feature apparently showing the face of Jesus has been found by staff at a Co Donegal castle.

The rock was discovered in recent weeks in Glenveagh National Park by park manager Pat Vaughan.

The picture purports to show a face in a bowed pose complete with a "crown of thorns".

"I just happened to be doing bits and pieces when it caught my eye. The more I looked at it the more I seen the face of what looks like Jesus," said Mr Vaughan.

He said he didn’t want to get too carried away with his find so he took a couple of pictures of the rock.

"I brought it into some of the staff and showed them the pictures without mentioning what it was. The reaction has been amazing and everyone said the same thing — that it was a picture of our lord."

Mr Vaughan has refused to tell anyone where the rock is.

"I know exactly where it is and I can guarantee that nobody else will find it. The last thing I want is to create another stampede for people looking for religious icons.

"However, I can’t deny what I see and anyone who I have spoken to and shown the picture, sees the same."

He said that he may consider arranging for people to see the rock feature if there is a demand for it.