Monday, January 23, 2012

Letter to San Francisco DA, Child Protective Services, RE: Ms.Elordi

Family & Children Services
Child Protective Services
City and County of San Francisco Human Services Agency
170 Otis Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
 
Department of Consumer Affairs
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors Complaints
Board of Behavioral Sciences
1625 N Market Blvd., Suite S-200
Sacramento, CA 95834
 
San Francisco District Attorney
Administration, Criminal Division, Victim Services, and Bureau of Investigations
Hall of Justice
850 Bryant Street, Room 322
San Francisco, CA 94103
 
RE: Barbara Elordi- Psychotherapist and Clergy Child Abuse Victims Outreach Coordinator
       for the Archdiocese of San Francisco, California- recently deceased
 
Dear concerned government offices,
  
I am writing to you in regards to the passing of Licensed Ca Therapist Barbara Elordi, who has been the clergy abuse victims “outreach coordinator” for the Archdiocese of San Francisco, for several years. Ms. Elordi has recently died, on January 12th, 2012.

Since she has been the outreach coordinator for many years, she has fielded many calls from child victims of clergy sex abuse, and has been the receiver of complaints by numerous adults as well, who were sexually abused as minors by clergy who live, operate and are in ministry in San Francisco.

I personally met Ms. Elordi when I filed a complaint against a priest who was in ministry in San Francisco, who had sexually abused me when I was a child. Ms. Elordi contacted me for information concerning the abuse, and then gave the information to the Bishop of San Francisco, and to other Diocesan officials, but not to child protective services, or any other branch of the government to my knowledge.

The priest I complained against for child sexual abuse was left in ministry by Bishop Levada with children the entire time I litigated against the Catholic church and the Salesians of San Francisco, which took 5 years, and he was found guilty by a jury trial.

My concern is that Ms. Elordi has received dozens of complaints for several years by child abuse victims, and she has  extracted personal information from the victims, and passed the information on to the Diocese of San Francisco, and the Bishop, without contacting legal authorities. As you know, she is a mandated reporter. 

According to my personal conversations with her, she has disclosed to me and others as well that her foremost duty was to disclose the allegations of abuse to the Archdiocese, which was her employer. I believe this is a violation of her duties as a licenced psychotherapist, and she apparently breached this duty on many occasions. I further believe this duplicity is still an ongoing threat to many victims who have called her, or have seen her and filed complaints of child sex abuse by the clergy in San Francisco. Many of the accused may still be with children, and the reports were probably never forwarded to the proper authorities.

The reason I am writing to you now is because the Archdiocese has been very quiet about her passing away, and her files in her office certainly contain numerous names of child victims, which should have been turned over to the proper authorities. My concern and fear is that the files may not ever be turned over to you; and the victims who have contacted her may never see justice, and the perpetrators may never be questioned or judged for their crimes against children.

I can place you in contact with several other victims who can verify as witnesses that Barbara Elordis protocol was to report to the Archdiocese as the ultimate entity to report child sexual abuse complaints to, and not the government civil authorities. I myself am a complainant with firsthand knowledge of this common practice of Ms. Elordi- as proven by my own clergy abuse case.

My hope is that you can intercept or copy her files, which may contain personal information on many underaged abuse victims, before the files disappear. I say this because the files on the priest I took to court, that I reported to Ms. Elordi, according to her, disappeared.
 
Sincerely,

Joey Piscitelli

925-262-3699