Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Message 2010 - Diocese of Ferns

Christmas Message from Bishop Denis Brennan


This year - as we celebrate Christmas against a very changed backdrop - let our prayers and thoughts be very simple ones.

As we visit the Christchild in the crib over the days of Christmas, let us ask His help and guidance:
• That I might rediscover the blessing that is my family, my friend, my neighbour and my parish.

• That I might receive the gift of hope and perspective in these challenging times and find ways and paths that point forward for myself and for others.

• That I be prompted to get ever further involved in my community and my country and develop more my pride as a person and as a citizen.

• That I not lose sight of the need to keep an eye to the weak and the vulnerable, those persons or groups whose needs are greater than my own.

On behalf of the priests, religious, volunteers and participants within the Catholic family of the diocese of Ferns, I would like to take this opportunity to extend every kind wish and blessing to members of other faith groups and of none.

And to all within the Catholic family, I say a word of gratitude for your continued generosity, hard work and involvement.

May this Christmas be a time of blessing for you and for your families and may 2011 be a year where we grow closer and stronger as we accept the challenges and blessings that the new year will bring.

"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given..." (Isaiah 9:6).