Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Advent Meditations - 4th Week


The angel Gabriel said to Mary, "Do not fear, Mary, you shall conceive and bear a son and give him the name Jesus. Great will be his dignity and he will be called Son of the Most High..." Lk. 1
Fourth Sunday of Advent
O Jesus, I believe you were born of Mary and are God's Son. 
 
Your mysterious coming is beyond understanding. 

Yet like your holy mother, Mary, I wish that you come to me, for you promised you will.

Let me serve you in any way I can and know that you are with me day by day as my life goes by.

Like Mary, your mother, though I know you only by faith, may my whole being proclaim your greatness and my spirit rejoice in your favor to me.

O Wisdom, holy Word of God, Jesus Christ, holding all things in your strong yet tender hands,
come and show us the way to salvation.