Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Father In Spirit to Become Paternal Father

A South Florida priest is now expecting a new addition to his family.

Father Alberto Cutie announced that his wife, Ruhama Buni, is expecting.

"I've been a spiritual father to many for so many years, baptizing so many people's kids, and now I'm going to be a father of my own. It's a great blessing from God. My wife and I have been blessed to be expecting a child," Cutie said.

The good news comes one day after Cutie was officially ordained as a priest in the Episcopal church. "The father is about to become a father," Cutie joked.

Cutie, nicknamed "Father Oprah" because of his cable television show and advice column, made headlines in the tabloids because he broke his vow of celibacy with his girlfriend one year ago.

The two later married.

Cutie left the Roman Catholic Church and began attending the Church of the Resurrection in Biscayne Park.

The former Catholic priest served as a lay minister at the Episcopal church for the past year, and is now an ordained priest.

Although Cutie loves his former church, he said, his newfound faith better addresses what God desires in modern times.

"Not everyone is welcomed in certain churches. I feel that in my new church, everyone is welcome, regardless of their situation."

The 41-year-old was ordained as a Roman Catholic priest 15 years ago. Cutie said, he is still serving God: just from a new home.

According to Cutie, he is willing to wait to find out if the new addition to his family will be a boy or girl. "My wife wants to know. To me, I think whatever God sends is a blessing," he said.

The baby is due in six months.

SIC: WSVN