Friday, April 09, 2010

Head of Catholic break away church in Africa visits Uganda

THE leader of the Catholic Apostolic National Church in Africa, Luciano Mbewa, was in Uganda for four-days.

Mbewa arrived in the country from Zambia on Good Friday.

Preaching at Naminya Church in Buikwe district on Easter Monday, Mbewa announced that Dr. Leonard Lubega would be consecrated a bishop in charge of Uganda in August this year.

He also apologised for not visiting Uganda in February as was planned.

“I postponed the trip because my passport had expired. I had already prepared my luggage to go to the airport when my vicar general told me the bad news,” Mbewa said.

He appealed to Christians to always be truthful, saying the truth will “set you free”.

He added that his desire for the truth was what made him abandone the Roman Catholic Church.

“There was no way I could continue claiming to be a priest, yet inside me I was sinning. I behaved as someone who practised celibacy yet in my private life I had two children. This is common in the Roman Catholic Church,” he said.

“If my comrades do not check their steps, Christians will one day line up marching to heaven, while priests march to the opposite side,” he advised.

Mbewa donated drugs to his followers and promised more help to alleviate social problems in the country.

He also visited Tororo and Jinja, and returned to Lusaka yesterday.

He served as a Roman Catholic priest in the Copper-Belt Diocese of Ndolwa in Zambia before converting to the Catholic Apostolic National Church.

The Catholic Apostolic National Church believes in marriage for priests and has its headquarters in the US.

The church is independent from the Vatican jurisdiction. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to the CW Team or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that the CW Team agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

CW Team

SIC: NVO