Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Advent 2009 - 2nd Tuesday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

Almighty God,
help us to look forward
to the glory of the birth of Christ our Savior:
his coming is proclaimed joyfully
to the ends of the earth,
for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.


Daily Meditation

Though the grass withers and the flower wilts,
the word of our God stands forever

Our God comes with power to save us.
Each of us can name what it is we long to be saved from.
Today, let's imagine ourselves freer.
Throughout the day, let's picture new ways of responding
to challenging relationships, habitual sins,
and other ruts we are in.
As we envision our freedom we experience
how much our God desires to save us.

It is not the will of your heavenly Father
that one of these little ones be lost.

Intercessions

To Jesus Christ our Lord, the light of the world,
let us cry out with joy:
Come Lord Jesus!

Dispel our darkness with the light of your presence,
- and make us worthy of your gifts.

Save us, Lord our God,
- that we may praise your holy name this day.

Enkindle in our hearts the flame of your love,
- and make us long to be united with you.

You bore our infirmity,
-aid the sick and those who are to die this day.

Closing Prayer

Almighty God,
I hear it over and over: you are coming to me.

I feel my heart stir in anticipation,
and I sense that you are inviting me
to enter more deeply
into the mystery of your birth.

Help me to feel renewed patience settle in my heart,
and to lift my face in joy.

I have been like a lost lamb,
but I hear your voice calling me
and I feel how deeply you want me to return.
Somehow I know that you rejoice in my desire to find you.

Help me not to be afraid to say out loud, to believe:
Here is God, coming into my life.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.