Friday, December 11, 2009

Advent 2009 - 2nd Friday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

All-powerful God,
help us to look forward in hope
to the coming of our Savior.
May we live as he has taught,
ready to welcome him with burning love and faith.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation

I, the Lord, your God, teach you what is for your good,
and lead you on the way you should go.

In our self-reliant independence, we can easily forget that
our God really knows what is good for us, and calls us to that goodness.
In our rebellion, we sometimes cling to our freedom
to be self-destructive or to simply keep our life on a shallow level.
Let's let ourselves be drawn into the invitation to live our lives
touched by the grace of God-with-us.

Those who follow you, Lord, will have the light of life.

Wisdom is vindicated by her works

Intercessions

To Christ our Redeemer, who comes to save us from our
sins, let us cry out with joy:
Come, Lord Jesus!

The prophets of old foretold your birth among us,
- now make virtue come to life in us.

We proclaim your saving work,
- now grant us your salvation.

You came to heal the contrite,
- heal the weakness of your people.

You came and saw fit to reconcile the world,
- when you come again in judgment, free us from the
torments of punishment.


Closing Prayer

Jesus,
in the darkness of these Advent nights

let me be guided by the light of your word.
Give me the humility to be led by you
and the wisdom to learn from you.

I feel your light in my life
and in the world.
I am grateful for the Savior who awaits us,

and eagerly await the time of rejoicing.
Let me look forward in hope
and turn to you with great trust,
knowing you will guide my steps
along the unknown path of this day.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.