Saturday, December 05, 2009

Advent 2009 - 1st Saturday


"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

God our Father,

you loved the world so much
you gave your only Son to free us
from the ancient power of sin and death.
Help us who wait for his coming,
and lead us to true liberty.


Daily Meditation

Blessed are all who wait for the Lord.
No more will you weep.

The prophetic promise is so great.
What our God has done is so complete a victory over sin and death.
In the midst of my day today, can I let myself imagining that salvation
touching and transforming me?
And can I patiently wait for God's work to take effect in me
- letting him open my heart, day by day?
Imagining "true liberty" today, let us walk in his ways.

No longer will your Teacher hide himself,
but with your own eyes you shall see your Teacher,
While from behind, a voice shall sound in your ears:
"This is the way; walk in it,"
when you would turn to the right or to the left. Is. 30

Intercessions

Let us pray to God our Father, who from of old has called
his people to salvation:
Lord, protect your people.

You promised to plant the seed of justice among your people,
- protect the holiness of your Church.

Lord, teach all men and women to listen to your word,
- and help believers to
persevere in holiness.

Keep us in the love of your Spirit,
- that we may receive the mercy of your Son who is to come.

Father most merciful, strengthen us to the last,
- until the day of the coming of Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Closing Prayer

Lord of Hope,
Dare I? Can I really hope?
From out of the darkness
I sense a dim light ahead,
the light of your coming into the world.

I so long for the time
when you are no longer hidden from me
and my deepest desire is
to trust in your warm voice I hear behind me,
guiding me along a hidden path I do not know.

Dry my tears,
heal my wounds
and help me
to wait for the dawning of the dim light ahead,
with a brighter vision
of healing and freedom.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.