Friday, July 31, 2009

Year Of The Priest Prayer


PRAYER FOR THE YEAR OF THE PRIEST

Lord Jesus, that in St. John Mary Vianney
you wanted to donate to the Church
a moving image of your pastoral charity,
he,that, in his company and supported by his example,
may we live in fullness this Priestly life.

Pausing as he was before the Eucharist,
we can learn how simple,every day of your words that teaches us;
tender love to welcome repentant sinners;
consoling abandonment confidente your Immaculate Mother.

Lord Jesus, who, through the intercession of the Holy Curé d'Ars,
the Christian families to become "small churches"
in which all vocations and all the gifts,
donated by your Holy Spirit,
can be welcomed and valued.

Grant us, Lord Jesus,
you can repeat with the same fervor of the Holy Curé
the words with which he used to contact you:

"I love you, O my God,
and my only desire is to love you
till the last breath of my life.

I love you, infinitely loving God,
and I prefer to die a man
rather than live one moment without love.

I love you, Lord,
and the only grace that you wonder
is to love you forever.

My God, if my language can not tell you
at all times
that I love you,
I want my heart we'll repeat times as many times as breathing.

I love you,
O my Divine Savior,
because you have been crucified to me,
and keep me down here with you crucified.

My God, make me the grace to die a man and knowing that I love you."

Amen.