Monday, March 30, 2009

Lent 2009

Daily Lent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer
Father of love, source of all blessings,
help us to pass from our old life of sin
to the new life of grace.
Prepare us for the glory of your kingdom.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation
This week we let the powerful light of God's love

shine into the deepest, darkest corners of our soul,

revealing the most un-loving parts of our hearts,

and we ask for forgiveness and healing.

Perhaps we might make the Stations of the Cross
to stir our hearts more deeply with the sense of his love for us.

Though I walk in the valley of darkness,
I fear no evil,
for you are with me.
Psalm 23

Intercessions

Praise to Jesus, our Savior; by his death he has opened for us the way of salvation.
Let us ask him:
Lord, guide your people to walk in your ways.

God of mercy, you gave us new life through baptism,
- make us grow day by day in your likeness.

May our generosity today bring joy to those in need,
- in helping them may we find you.

Help us to do what is good, right and true in your sight,
- and to seek you always with undivided hearts.

Forgive our sins against the unity of your family,
- make us one in heart and spirit.

Closing Prayer
God of love,
I know that you are the source of all
that is good and graced in my life.


Help me to move from the life of sin
to which I so often cling,
into the new life of grace you offer me.


You know what I need to prepare for your kingdom.


Bless me with those gifts.