Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lent 2009


Daily Lent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

God our Father,
by your gifts to us on earth
we already share in your life.
In all we do,
guide us to the light of your kingdom.

Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation

The Saturdays of Lent have a wonderful spirit.
Our lesson today takes us to the parable of the two sons:
- one who is ungrateful and leaves, but returns, and
- one who will not accept the forgiveness
the father lavishes on the other.

The Lord is loving and merciful,
slow to anger, and full of love;
the Lord is kind to all, and compassionate
to all his creatures.
Entrance Antiphon

Intercessions

Let us always and everywhere give thanks to Christ our Savior, and ask him with confidence:
Lord, help us with your grace.

May we keep our bodies pure,
- as temples of the Holy Spirit.


May we offer ourselves this day to the service of others,
- and do your will in all things throughout the day.


Teach us to seek the bread of everlasting life,
- the bread that is your gift.


May your Mother, the refuge of sinners, pray for us,
- and gain for us your loving forgiveness.

Closing Prayer


God of infinite love,
you shower me with limitless gifts in my life.


In my every thought and action today
guide me to the bright and loving light of your kingdom.


Help me to be aware of
the many ways you allow me
to share in your life so intimately today.


Thank you for the gifts you have placed in my life.


Let me be grateful every moment of this day.