Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lent 2009

Daily Lent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer

Father,

teach us to lead good lives,

encourage us with your support

and bring us to eternal life.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,

who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,

one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation

The story of the Rich Man and Lazarus is our lesson today.

We beg to be open to the workings of the Spirit,
that we might not settle for the consolations of this life alone.

Jesus then said, "I am the one who raises the dead to life!
Everyone who has faith in me will live, even if they die.
And everyone who lives because of faith in me will never really die.
Do you believe this?"
John 11

Intercessions
God has revealed himself in Christ.

Let us praise his goodness, and ask him from our hearts:
Remember us, Lord, for we are your children.


Teach us to enter more deeply into the mystery of the Church,

- that it may be more effective for ourselves and for the world as the sacrament of salvation.

Lover of mankind, inspire us to work for human progress,

- seeking to spread your kingdom in all we do.

May our hearts thirst for Christ,
- the fountain of living water.

Forgive us our sins,
- and direct our steps into the ways of justice and sincerity.

Closing Prayer


Loving God,
I hear your invitation, "Come back to me"
and I am filled with such a longing to return to you.

Show me the way to return.

Lead me this day in good works I do in your name
and send your Spirit to guide me and strengthen my faith.

I ask only to feel your love in my life today.