Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lent 2009

Daily Lent Prayer
"Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise."

Opening Prayer
Father,
look upon our weakness
and reach out to help us with your loving power.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, you Son
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Daily Meditation


A Saturday of Lent
and more on "True Fasting."


Each of the Saturdays of Lent are more upbeat and "lighter" in tone.
We are preparing for Sunday.

Our reading from Isaiah 58 continues,
as does our self-examination
regarding what true fasting is for us this Lent.

What patterns will I change?

Intercessions


Let us always and everywhere give thanks to Christ our Savior, and ask him with confidence:
Lord, help us with your grace.


May we keep our bodies pure,
- as temples of the Holy Spirit.


May we offer ourselves this morning to the service of others,
- and do your will in all things throughout the day.


Teach us to seek the bread of everlasting life,
- the bread that is your gift.


May your Mother, the refuge of sinners, pray for us,
- and gain for us your loving forgiveness.

Closing Prayer


Loving creator,
I am not asking to overcome my weakness,
but to use it in some way to glorify you.

Let me be aware of
the many ways you reach out to help me today
and let me stand in awe of the power
that you use in such loving ways.