Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Young Czech boxes priest's ears over "unbearable" bell ringing

A 23-year-old Czech resident of Drazovice boxed the local priest's ears on Saturday over what he said was the frequent church bell ringing that his family found unbearable, local police told ČTK Monday.

The incident occurred in the Catholic church sacristy shortly before the mass started. The young man, whose family lives in the church's vicinity, attacked and rebuked the priest and then ran away.

The police are searching for him. If caught and found guilty, the perpetrator faces up to two years in prison.

"I was preparing for the mass. The young man rushed into the sacristy telling me to stop the ringing. As I didn't do so, he assaulted me. He struck me into the head twice, as a result of which I fell down and remained lying," the priest, 36, told the server iDnes.cz.

Shattered by the attack, the priest managed to complete the mass celebration and only afterwards he sought medical treatment in the nearest hospital.

He is on sickness leave now. The perpetrator's whereabouts are unknown, the police said.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce

(Source: CTK)