Friday, August 08, 2008

Daily Prayer & Reflections

Be as simple as a child: always see the best in everyone and with good intention, excuse the one who hurts you, seeing whatever harm he does as the result of some temptation.
What destroys community is judging other people's actions while losing sight of one's own. (St. Paul of the Cross)

Have mercy on me, O God, in your goodness;
in the greatness of your compassion wipe out my offence.

Thoroughly wash me from my guilt
and of my sin cleanse me.

A clean heart create for me,
O God,
and a steadfast spirit renew within me.

Cast me not out from your presence,
and your holy spirit take not from me.

Cleanse me of sin with hyssop,
that I may be purified;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Let me hear the sounds of joy and gladness;
the bones you have crushed shall rejoice. Psalm 51