Sunday, July 27, 2008

Morissette Breaks Cardinal Rule at Vatican

The faces of Vatican cardinals were left as red as their cassocks after realizing Canadian star Alanis Morissette had understood every word they'd said about her after she met the pope.

The singer met the pontiff in Rome in 2000, but some French clergymen ruined the magical experience.

Morissette says the problems occurred as she left the stage after meeting the pope, and did not know whether to walk in front of cardinals or not.

She explains, "I'm post-Catholic; I don't know how it works anymore, so there was this awkward moment and I walked in front of them.

"They were all French and they were speaking about me behind me, saying how rude and horrible I was.

"I speak French, so I bit my tongue the whole way out and they were just ripping me apart, and then right at the tail end. ... I just turned back and spoke to them in French and said, 'Thank you so much for your kindness.'"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce