Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year Greetings

My dear beloved brothers and sisters in Christ, we are blessed to be entering into 2008 and we do so on this the World Day of Peace.

It seems like yesterday when I first wrote to you all in this capacity when we welcomed in 2007 to which we now bid adieu...

A year when many of you would have lost someone you loved and cared for and to you my sincerest condolences...

A year when many would have met someone they wish to share the rest of their lives with and to you my best wishes...

A year when difficult decisions had to be made and to you I say bless your wisdom...

A year when life has come right and let us give thanks to God for that...

Let us not forget those who need our prayers, thoughts and support now more than ever whether they be a neighbour or someone in a part of the world that is in difficulty now...

They are our brothers and sisters as well and in that spirit let us pray for them all...

And on each and all I beseech Gods blessing that He guide us through each and every day of this year...and as we say here in Ireland

Go mbeidhimid beo ag an ám seo arís

God bless

Sotto Voce