Monday, January 21, 2008

Lent 2008 - Renewing Christ In My Life

My dear bloggies, the season of Lent shall begin on Ash Wednesday - 6th February - and will continue through to Easter Sunday - March 23rd.

This year, as with last year, we here at Clerical Whispers shall have daily Lenten postings which will bring us all on a reflective journey to self realisation and renewal of our relationship with Our Lord.

We have chosen the theme - Renewing Christ In My Life - as a challenge to ourselves to reflect on what Christ means to us in our daily lives and more importantly, our lives in His as He takes the same Lenten journey with us.

We no doubt will feel the pain and uncomfortable challenges which will lie ahead on this journey into ourselves, but we should never forget, as Christ never did, that God is always with us.

Let us prepare to enter into this journey being open and accepting of Christ despite the scars and the pain knowing that on Easter Sunday, our journey shall be ended only for a new one to begin.

You are always merciful! Please wipe away my sins.
Wash me clean from all of my sin and guilt. - Psalm 51

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce