Thursday, October 04, 2007

Indian priest “miracle” recovery thanks to Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa has carried out a miracle by healing and Salesian father in Indian of Kidney stones.

According to the priest, who personally knew the Blessed, the “disappearance” of his illness came about thanks to Mother Teresa’s intercession.

The stone disappeared in an unexplainable manner after Father Thomas celebrated Mass and prayed to Mother Teresa on September 5, the day before he was scheduled for surgery.

“The stone – he explains - was 13mm or 1.3 cm and caused me intense abdominal pain for several months. Medical examinations in a Guwahati hospital revealed, that I had kidney stones and doctors prescribed medicine to help dissolve them, but the medicines were ineffective and surgery was advised”.

“My surgery was scheduled for September 6th– he continues - as nothing happens by chance; my surgeon gave me permission to leave the hospital to celebrate Mass at Shishu Bhavan, a Missionary of Charity convent, during the Eucharist I asked the faithful to pray for me especially through the intercession of Mother Teresa”.

A day later, when the final presurgical x-ray was taken, the doctors could not locate the stone. A repeat X-ray also proved negative.

The chief surgeon then ordered another ultrasound, but that also proved negative.

The surgery was cancelled as the stone had “disappeared".

“My doctors have - adds Fr. Thoams - certified my case a ‘Miracle”.

Msgr. Thomas Menamparampil, Archbishop of Guwahati, agrees that the priest’s recovery “is above and beyond scientific and human explanation”.

Fr. Thomas worked closely with the Blessed for over 10 years. “In 1980 –tells the priest – as Principal of the Salesian School in Guwahati as well as the Rector of the Institution, I helped Mother Teresa open up her children’s home in the city for abandoned children (Shishu Bhavan) and to raise awareness among people and the local administration, initially hostile to her work. I remember she would always say: ‘the poor must be served and loved at all cost’’. Her example and her charisma continue to guide our work and our mission in society”.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce