Sunday, April 15, 2007

Podge & Rodge (Contribution)

In the last few years in Ireland, these characters have basically become infamous for their sexual innuendo amongst other bad habits.

I would admit readily enough to sitting down and watching them on television on the Monday and Tuesday nights, enjoying their offerings which would be considered tame enough considering what is out there.

Even just before Christmas of 2006, Archbishop Seán Brady came out and condemned so bad did he think they were and felt that they were an example of what is truly wrong with modern Ireland. At that time, I would have come out and defended the terrible two - and still would to that extent.

However, I may reassure the Archbishop that all is not lost as I experienced last night whilst in attendance at their show - Desperate for Housewives - in Vicar Street, Dublin.

As part of the proceedings, a young female was brought on stage and went through the blind date procedure before choosing to date Podge and off they went.

However, what followed thereafter was nothing short of cringing in its own right and really made me question how much beyond acceptable (even for these guys) they could actually go but I was to be shocked and reassured at the same time.

It went so OTT that even amongst members of the audience (like myself diehard fans) were slowly cooling toward the presentation and I believe this became most evident during the break in the show when serious questioning of the happenings was to be heard.

In the 2nd half, the female involved from earlier had not come back and to be honest I was not surprised but I was (and remain) somewhat disappointed for her.

In the end, it proved to me something which I thought could not happen but we are all somewhat aware that it is possible - the bottom of the barrel can always be scraped that little bit more.

I am a disillusioned fan now and somewhat regret having been party to the OTT humiliation of a fellow person in such a cheap and crass way.

To those of you who purchased the Ballydung Bugle, on page 21, I advise you now as I did so last night to a crew member, the telephone number given out does actually exist - it is for Childline!!

Here is hoping that this will be rectified as promised and if the crew wish to advise me of such, I will gladly post it here!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Disclaimer

No responsibility or liability shall attach itself to either myself or to the blogspot ‘Clerical Whispers’ for any or all of the articles placed here.

The placing of an article hereupon does not necessarily imply that I agree or accept the contents of the article as being necessarily factual in theology, dogma or otherwise.

Sotto Voce