Thursday, April 05, 2007

Holy Week 2007 - Holy Thursday

Holy Thursday 5th. April
13th. Station of the Cross


Mary stands at the foot of the cross to receive in her arms the lifeless body of her Son.

Once more, His head is resting on her bosom as it used to do long years ago when a little child He nestled to His Mother’s breast.

But now that sacred head is bruised and swollen, stamped with the cruel mark of the mocking diadem; His hair all clotted with the oozing blood, tangled and in disorder.


Even she, upon whose heart is stamped every lineament of her Son’s dear face, can scarcely recognise His features now.

On every line is marked the anguish of long drawn agony, of torture and agonizing pain, of woe, unutterable woe, of sorrow, suffering and abandonment.

Reflection

O Jesus! Receive me now from the hands of Your most holy Mother, offer me with Yourself and immolate me along with you.

I offer myself to You by her hands in order that You may unite me to Your ceaseless Immolation, and that burning desire which You have to suffer for the glory of Your Father, the salvation of souls and especially the perfection and sanctification of Your priests and Your chosen souls.

Receive and accept me, I beg of you, in spite of my great unworthiness and wretchedness.

From henceforth I shall look upon all the crosses, all the sufferings, all the trials, which Your Providence has destined for me and will send me, as so many signs which will prove to me that You have accepted my humble offering. Amen.